As we wind down 2023, we wanted to reflect back on the past year for the Everything Marketplaces community and share some of the key highlights. Before we do though, we'd like to thank all of our community members for making it all possible and 2023 a big year. Here are some highlights from this past year:
2023 Year In Review For The Community
- We launched Marketplace School & the Everything Marketplaces podcast
- We announced Marketplace Capital
- We announced our community Entrepreneur In Residence (EIR) program
- Grew the community to 2,000+ marketplace founders & leaders
-25+ countries are represented in the community including the US, Mexico, Canada, Australia, England, Germany, France, Sweden, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Argentina, Poland, and more.
-300+ female marketplace founders & leaders are now part of the community and our female founders meetup group.
- Had 2,500+ posts in the community with marketplace founders & teams asking questions, sharing learnings, and valuable marketplace insights.
- Created 400+ hours of content on building, launching, and scaling marketplaces for members.
- Hosted 125+ community events
-45+ marketplace founders & leaders joined us as group chat guests (almost) every Tuesday to share their marketplace experience, insights, and answer questions with a group Q&A. You can see the group chat recordings here.
-50+ office hours where members met every Thursday to get help with their marketplaces.
-15+ fundraising meetings where founders joined our small group meetings to strategize and get help with early stage fundraising.
-3+ workshops on marketplace topics like marketplace experimentation, low frequency marketplaces, and trust & safety for marketplaces. You can see the workshop recordings here.
-Hosted 15+ local meetups in cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, & more. We had 600+ attend our local meetups and you can see a recap post & pictures from our largest meetup that we had in LA here.
- We backed 9+ awesome founders & marketplaces through Marketplace Capital.
2023 Community Outcomes
In addition to the main community highlights, here are some notable outcomes that our community members achieved:
- 100+ went from idea stage to launch through Marketplace School
- 20+ marketplaces made key hires from posting on our jobs board
- $200M+ in capital was raised by the community this year from initial friends & family rounds to Series A rounds. Note that this is not including Series B to later stage growth rounds also raised by our community.
The above is a brief recap for the Everything Marketplaces community in 2023. There are so many more awesome stories of how the community has helped founders, new friendships created, and more. With that said, none of this would be possible without your support, so we'd like to thank you once again.
We're just getting started and will be sharing some exciting news soon. Thanks again for your support and here's to a big year in 2024!
Want to start 2024 off right by joining the community? You can request access here to join us in the Everything Marketplaces community.