As we wind down 2021, we wanted to reflect back on the past year for the Everything Marketplaces community and share some highlights. We're thankful for all of our community members that have made it all possible and 2021 a big year. Here are some highlights from it:
2021 Year In Review For The Community
- We launched the new Everything Marketplaces platform
- Relaunched the new & improved community
- Grew the community to 950+ marketplace founders & leaders
-15+ countries represented including the US, Mexico, Canada, France, Sweden, England, Ireland, Greece, Spain, Argentina, Australia, and more.
-85+ female marketplace founders & leaders in the community that are also part of our female marketplace founders & leaders group that meets every month.
- Had 800+ posts in the community with marketplace founders & teams sharing learnings, asking questions, and talking through marketplace topics together.
- Created 200+ hours of content on building, launching, and scaling marketplaces for our marketplace resources & marketplace knowledge hub.
- Hosted 135+ community events
-45+ marketplace founders & leaders from some of today's top marketplaces joined us as group chat guests every Tuesday to share their marketplace experience, insights, and answer questions from members. You can see all past group chat recordings here.
-50+ office hours where members met every Thursday to share what they're working on and get help from others.
-30+ founders fundraising meetings where Levi Martinez led group meetings to strategize through fundraising. With the help of these meetings, 25+ founders have successfully closed early funding rounds.
-10+ AMA's in the community where domain experts joined us to answer questions from the community on marketplace topics ranging from search & ranking to fundraising for early stage marketplaces.
-4+ workshops on marketplace topics like insurance and tax obligations for marketplaces. You can see all past workshop recordings here.
- Launched the Everything Marketplaces syndicate, where we're now backing amazing founders & marketplaces in the community with capital.
2021 Community Outcomes
In addition to the main community highlights, there are some notable outcomes we'd like to mention that our community achieved:
- 75+ marketplaces in the community went from idea stage to launch
- 10+ marketplaces made key hires from posting on our marketplace jobs board
- $210M+ in capital was raised by the community this year from initial friends & family rounds to Series A rounds. Note that this is not including Series B to later stage growth rounds also raised by our community.
The above is a brief recap for the Everything Marketplaces community in 2021. There are many more amazing stories of how the community has helped founders, new friendships created, and more. With that said, none of this would be possible without your support, so we'd like to sincerely thank you for making it all possible.
We're just getting started and we have some big plans ahead for 2022. You'll see platform updates, more resources, community events, and initiatives to help founders soon. With that said, we'd love to hear from you. What are some ways that we can improve? Any suggestions or feedback that you might have is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for your support and here's to a great year ahead in 2022!
Want to start 2022 off right? You can request access here to join us in the Everything Marketplaces community.